Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots or onions
- 1 heaping cup of halved grape tomatoes or chopped tomatoes
- 1 bunch or about 1 cup packed parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch or about 1 cup packed mint, chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (I used 1 1/2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
2. Add the parsley, mint, tomatoes and shallots to a large salad bowl.
3. Right in the measuring cup, mix the oil, lemon juice, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and cumin. Mix the dressing vigorously until emulsified.
4. Fluff up the couscous with a fork and add it to the salad bowl.
5. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until it's evenly distributed.
6. Optionally, cover the salad and let it chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to a few hours to let the flavors develop.