Sun Dried Tomato and Garlic Spaghetti
Makes 3 large servings
- 1 13.25 oz / 375 g box spaghetti or other long pasta
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 heaping cup julienned sun dried tomatoes (I used the kind packed in oil)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- Optional: A generous sprinkling of almesan
2. When the pasta is about 5 minutes from being done, heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 3 minutes. Toss in the sun dried tomatoes, oregano and red pepper flakes and cook for another 3 minutes.
3. Drain the pasta well and add it to the saute pan with the rest of the ingredients, stirring to coat each spaghetti strand in the garlicky, tomatoey goodness. After about 5 minutes, or once the pasta is piping hot, transfer to three plates and serve with a sprinkle of almesan.
Adapted from Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terri Hope Romero's Veganomicon
Makes about 3/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons raw or toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
2. Combine all the ingredients into a blender (or in my case, a Magic Bullet -- the shaker lids are so perfect for this!) and whiz until completely pulverized. Sprinkle over pasta, pizza, salad or whatever else your little heart desires.